dimecres, 25 d’abril del 2012

Biscuits and experiments!

Today the girls were very sure about what they wanted to do: bake biscuits!

I know lots of cake recipies in my head, but I'm not so sure on biscuits, if I make it up they tend to fall to bits... So we had a look through 'The Science Chef' an american kids cook book, and, even though we couldn't find a suitable biscuit recipe, we did find a lovely experiment! We followed the instructions and now we need to leave our pot in a nice safe place until this time next week when we should be able to see some crystals! That gives us a whole week to find the magnifying glass!!!







Afterwards, we found a nice biscuit recipe on the BBC food website and I wrote it down for the girls to follow, which they did mostly on their own!!





Here are the finished, painted biscuits (and they're yummy!!!)